8 Natural Ways to Destress
Stress is something that affects everyone. Stress is not always a bad thing. Did you know there is such a thing as good stress. However, when you feel like your stress is getting out of hand it can turn into anxiety and depression, the best thing you can do for your body is to look for natural strategies to release stress.
Here are some techniques you can use to reduce your stress level:
- Practice yoga and meditation. Yoga and meditation are ancient arts that have been proven to work. They can be practiced separately or together. When you connect the mind, body, and spirit in a healthy, peaceful fashion you feel more relaxed and rejuvenated. You can simply put your feet on the earth and take several deep breath to relax your body.
- Go for a walk. Many people think that going for a walk is only good for your physical fitness. However, walking can benefit you spiritually and mentally as well. Staying even moderately active increases oxygen levels in your brain, which also improves your mental state. Plus, a 20-minute walk gives your mind a chance to reflect and rejuvenate.
- Write in your Journal. Keeping a journal can help you get your thoughts out of your head and on paper. Writing down your thoughts can help you release the pent-up thoughts which can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Try aromatherapy. Get a diffuser for your home and office. Try lavender, rosemary, Patchouli, or peppermint oils to relax and destress.
- Get a full body massage. A massage is a great way to relax your muscles. It also helps to get blood flowing properly throughout the body, which naturally reduces stress.
- Listen to music. You may want to try some traditional relaxing music such as classical musical or binaural beats. Also listening to your favorite dance song and moving your body may help you rid the body of stress, anxiety and depression. However, everyone is different, so experiment with different types of music that you might find relaxing.
- Take a healing bath. Taking a healing bath with herbs or with milk is beneficial to your body and mind. The warmth will help your body relax while the peaceful time to yourself will help you achieve a balanced mindset. You can add oils and flower petals to your water for a nourishing experience.
Remove your-self from the situation. Sometimes the simplest way to reduce stress is to remove our mind and body from the situation. Engage in another activity or physically leave the situation to allow the mind to process a solution.
Stress, anxiety, depression and other life issues affect all of us differently. If you are in need of someone to talk to, reach out to a professional for assistance. We are here to serve you. Please contact @ Iyea@IyeaBrandy.com to set up an exploratory call.